“Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?”
― JAMES PATTERSON, THE ANGEL EXPERIMENT
“Because, if you could love someone, and keep loving them, without being loved back . . . then that love had to be real. It hurt too much to be anything else.”
― SARAH CROSS, KILL ME SOFTLY
“It’s delicious to have people adore you, but it’s exhausting, too. Particularly when your own feelings don’t match theirs.”
― TASHA ALEXANDER, A FATAL WALTZ
Above are some quotes from famous people that talks about what? Unrequited love.
What’s unrequited love, by the way?
“It’s the feeling of being completely, hopelessly, desperately in love with someone, all the while knowing that your feelings will never reach them.
It’s contradictory in that you feel incredible because you love someone so much, but also at the same time you feel almost overwhelming despair because you will never know what it is like to hold them in your arms, or touch their face, or kiss their lips. You will never know what it is like to wake-up next to them in bed in the morning, bodies entwined.
It can be masochistic in nature- it causes such heartache, but you enjoy loving the person so much, you willingly let your heart go through the agony, so you can hold onto something- I don’t know, maybe hope?
In any case, unrequited love is a very sad thing.”
Thank you, Google and Urban Dictionary for explaining this thing. 🙂
I can’t say that I have that kind of love already. I don’t know if it’s unrequited love already. But I like someone.. of course, that doesn’t have any idea that my feelings for him exist.
It’s hard, you know, hiding what are your inside thoughts and feelings for someone. It seems like you’re going to burst those when the time reached, where you can’t longer hold your feelings anymore.
Why not tell those feelings to him? I would say no. Things would be a lot stressing and would not help the both of us if ever.
So.. I decided to make a new playlist that I could share to you.
Here’s The Unrequited Love playlist:
- I Never Told You – Colbie Caillat
- Far Away – Nickelback
- White Flag – Dido
- Dead Hearts – Stars
- Happily Never After – Nicole Scherzinger
- Perfectly Lonely – John Mayer
- Sight of the Sun – Fun.
- Leave Your Lover – Sam Smith
- One Woman One Man – Magic!
- Just So You Know – Jesse McCartney
- I Can’t Make You Love Me – Adele
- Why Do You Let Me Stay Here – She & Him
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Ashes and Wine – A Fine Frenzy
- Reasons To Love You –Meiko
- Like A Fool – Keira Knightly
- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want – The Smiths
- If You Could See Me Now – The Script
- She Will Be Loved – Maroon5
- All My Loving – Jim Sturgess
- Time After Time – Alex Goot
- Collide – Howie Day
- Thinking About You – Norah Jones
- Wanted – Hunter Hayes
- You Are The Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Let Me In – Group Love
- XO – Beyonce
- Lost Stars – Adam Levine
- I Wish The Best For You – Emerson Hart
- High Hopes – Kodaline
There you go! Another playlist for you, by yours truly!
My favorites are track nos. 13, 16, 17, 26, and 30. I hope you’d like my picks!